Welcome to a fat, bloated, type 2 diabetic, inflamed, auto-immune, autistic, allergic, fatigued, depressed mess of a nation!! We are being conquered by a virus because our immune systems is already burdened with toxic overload and nutrient deficiencies.
Yet we spend the most on healthcare and are dead last in ranking of healthiest industrialized nations.
The common denominator increasing the risk of all diseases, Diabetes, Autoimmune, Cardiovascular, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Gallbladder, Gastrointestinal issues, AND COVID is CHRONIC INFLAMMATION!
The destruction of the microbes and lining of the gut results in acute and chronic inflammation. The standard American diet of processed foods, wrong fats, simple cars, alcohol, chlorinated water, medication including antibiotics and adrenal stress all contribute to the demise of the gut.
See that your doctors are adding inflammation markers such as hCRP, Homocysteine, SED rate, Oxidized LDL, and Fibrinogen to your lab work to assess levels of chronic inflammation.
Food is not just calories, it is information.
It talks to your DNA and tells it what to do.
The most powerful tool to change your
health, environment and entire world is your fork.
– Dr. Mark Hyman
Here are 6 easy ways to improve your gut health:
1. Eat more whole foods – organic vegetables, tree nuts, beans, legumes and fruit.
2. Clean your teeth well. Bacteria from your mouth get in your stomach and cause problems.
3. Eat fermented foods to increase good bacteria – sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir.
4. East and drink more polyphenols – dark chocolate, red grapes and red wine, green tea, onions, blueberries and broccoli.
5. Use more spices – garlic, turmeric, ginger to rid your gut of harmful bacteria.
6. Limit artificial sweeteners as they have negative effects on microbes in gut.
7. Don’t smoke.
8. Eat more alkaline foods.